I't's Official, I'm a Crone on June 4th 2018


I'm a Crone, but quite bonefide come Monday June 4th 2018 which will be my 65th Birthday.

When I was a young woman I never imagined I'd look forward to this day, mostly because of how much my seemingly never ending fear over financial insecurity and it's affects on my life, in both negative and positive ways.

In A.A.it's stated that the 12 Promises will be fulfilled. Well having all but that bit in the tenth promise about economic insecurity will leave us is finally being fulfilled.

I've spent most of my life feeling and coping with this fear of economic insecurity. It coped pretty well most times, but I had periods when I felt very desperate, and took some desperate measures, that weren't very wise. This state of mind tested my inner strength and increased my resilience thankfully. It's gotten much easier for me to cope as I've gotten older, but I'm so very grateful to know much of my insecurity is soon to come to an end or at least be positively altered that will ease a financial burden.

I believe most if not all fear of economic insecurity is rooted in the manifestation of a self-worth problem. We might presume that this is a reasonable and expected response to a perceived financial lack, but it's actual cause of this condition, has little to do with how much money we actually have.

 Though my alcoholism is the obsession with the use and abuse of alcohol there are many other 'isms' that alcoholics exhibit. Worrying about money and being fearful over not being able to make ends meet is one of them, and it manifests itself as I said in positive and negative ways.


The 12 promises of AA are as follows:
  1. If we are painstaking about this phase of our development, we will be amazed before we are halfway through.
  2. We are going to know a new freedom and a new happiness.
  3. We will not regret the past nor wish to shut the door on it.
  4. We will comprehend the word serenity, and we will know peace.
  5. No matter how far down the scale we have gone, we will see how our experience can benefit others.
  6. That feeling of uselessness and self-pity will disappear.
  7. We will lose interest in selfish things and gain interest in our fellows.
  8. Self-seeking will slip away.
  9. Our whole attitude and outlook upon life will change.
  10. Fear of people and of economic insecurity will leave us.
  11. We will intuitively know how to handle situations which used to baffle us.
  12. We will suddenly realize that God is doing for us what we could not do for ourselves.

Comments